Saturday, July 11, 2009

July 7th, 2009

Today was a good/shit day here at BCT. We started out doing some basic PT (physical training) in the morning; then, we all got dressed in battle gear and went out to the field for a training exercise. It involved 20 or so stations, and each had some type of obstacle to overcome. We had to do it in teams of 12 in roughly 20 minutes. We had alot of fun with it because it was the first time since we got here that we were able to act like ourselves and not be treated like horse shit by our drill sergeants. We stayed out from 7am until around 4:30pm. By the time we were finished, we were all disgusting. We had to swim in pools of pond water in all of out gear, and it sucked being wet and nasty all day.

After we got back, we were allowed a 15 second shower (literally, it's timed) then we had to file in formation to head for chow. For some reason, my platoon has a hard time standing still and keeping quiet during the stand of attention. So, because one person talked, we were all smoked afterwards for over an hour and a half. I'm getting used to these types of events, and they really don't bother me anymore. I see it like this: The more they smoke me, the better I get, and the better I will be able to perform on my PT test. I can already see myself getting stronger, and no matter how bad the smoking is, I never quit.

By the time anyone reads this, it will be typed out on a computer, but this note is currently being written on 5x3 paper in one of those little spiral journals. It is also around 2:45 am. My battle buddy and I had CQ duty tonight which consists of us sitting outside on guard at a desk with a telephone. This seems all to familiar with the crap I had to do with my RA job. Anyway, our drill sergeant took away our "writing letters home" privileges tonight (because he could) and because he is an ass. So, I remembered I had this little book in my pocket and decided to keep myself busy before I get off. Tomorrow,, I believe we have some classes on how to talk on the radio using "military slang" which might be pretty cool. I don't doubt that there will be many smoking's during this time as well.

Also, because of my run time of 7:10 on my PT test, I got placed in the B class on the running list. This is exactly where I wanted to be. I did NOT want to be in C class with all the fat asses, and NOT in A class with the guys who run a 5:45 mile time. I am pretty happy with myself on how I compare physically with the other soldiers here. I can tell I'm definitely in shape and I have been working out. It is paying off dramatically.

White phase cannot get here fast enough. I'm tired of being humiliated and treated like a child. I also miss my family, and I think about them alot when I am feeling down, and it helps me to smile. People keep falling out here like crazy. We had one or two attempt to escape already, but I am going to hold my head up high. Tim Armstrong once said: "Hold your head up high, because tomorrow you may die. There is no one safe around here, so stand your ground until you are the last one in town." I am going to do just that, and things will get better. I love and miss all of you, and I hope you all appreciate the great lengths I've had to take in order to write you! Since I have been here, we have only been authorized to to write home ONCE for 20 minutes or so the fact I am doing it EVERYDAY is remarkable! Hahaha. Oh well, keep me in your thoughts and prayers please. I need all the help I can get these days. I am going back to bed now. My guard duty shift is almost over. Good Night Everyone!

PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment