Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 13, 2009

WOW! I can not tell you how incredibly happy I am at this very moment. I just received 6 letters in the mail. One from my dad, one from my mom, two from my sister , one from Nik, and one from Ashley. I can't tell yo the overwhelming feeling I got when I read them. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I cried tears of Joy. Tonight was the happiest I have been in ....forever. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you everyone. You gave me the fuel to keep going harder and stronger. I can't stop smiling right now! Please send more and don't stop sending me letters! They make me SO happy! I love how everyone except one person mentioned Billy Maye's, that made me laugh my butt off. Ashley, even went as far as to add a news article about him in her letter. Again -Thank you so much for writing me. Your letters brought me up , gave me strength and now I'm willing to get up tomorrow morning and work my ass off. Knowing everyone is behind me is very important and I appreciate it.

Kristin, thank you for the pictures of Kelsey. I've been showing them to everyone! I love pictures, so feel free to send them, everyone.

Today was rough . We had a crazy PT session and it beat the hell out of me. Remember my first PT test when I ran my mile in 7:20? Well that qualified me to run in category B. We ran in our groups today and somehow they placed me in "A" group. F.M.L! (Fuck my life) We ran two miles at a 6 min. mile pace. I was dead, but I kept up.. barely. Afterwards I spoke with my Drill Sergeant and asked him if I could go into group B, just until I can get the hang of it. Thankfully he realized I shouldn't have been in that group and is letting me run in "B" group. After that we were told to get in our ACU's in full battle gear. Helmet, 40 lb Kevlar vest. Ammunition vest, assault pack and my M4 rifle. I probably weighted 270 lbs with all of that stuff on.

We had to go outside and wait for the buses to take us to the range. The bus was late, so our Drill Sergeant thought it would be a good idea to make us run and do push ups in all of that gear in 95 degree weather. It was horrible. That gear sounds cool, but it is so heavy and so uncomfortable.

We spent the afternoon learning about I.E.D.'s and bombs. We got to explode a live claymore which was bad ass. We also had to walk down a road littered with fake I.E.D's and we had to spot them based on intelligence we had. After that we ate lunch (MRE's) then we had to get a class on how to administer first aid on a wounded soldier. We will have to put IV's on each other soon. Then we have a surprise!

We got to go on a random afternoon run, around the PT track. Total (2miles). One mile on the track and the other mile on the inside of the track , which is made of sand. Running a mile in thick soft sand is horrible, but it wasn't too, too bad. When the run was completed the drill sergeant separated us into two groups. Group 1 were the guys, kike me , who kept up with him on the run. Group 2 were the guys who fell behind. He then told us that we were the one's who were going to make it as opposed to the others. "Fat ass Losers", as he put it when he pointed to group 2. It made me feel good for sure. After that we had to clean our weapons, and then we got our mail!! That was the best part of my day and made all of the bad stuff seem non existent. I can't wait until I get more mail, in the next few days. Write about anything! I love to read letters.

After that, I got the opportunity to go to ta bible study here, and I went. I'm really starting to enjoy it , because it is a release for the spirit as exercising is a release for the muscles. Some of you may laugh and say, " that doesn't fit you", but I'm going through some changes, and I'm going to embrace anything positive that comes my way. Right now I believe God is playing a major role in helping me complete each task, day to day.

I'm happy everyone, and it's hard to be happy here. If it is talking to God and exchanging letters with friends and family that get me through this, then who am I to ignore it? I won't get too Biblical on you though, don't worry, LOL.

It is bedtime now though. I will write more tomorrow. I love you all, keep the letters rolling!

PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment