Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 1st, 2009

Today was a long, long day. We accomplished absolutely nothing in the process. Last night, after I thought I was done for the night, I was told I had fire guard duty from 12am to 1am. I went to bed at 9pm and woke up at midnight. went back to bed at 1:00am and woke back up for the day at 3am.

From 3:00 am this morning until now at 8:30 pm, we stood in formation for almost 1/2 of the day in the sun. It really hot here, and we are wearing full ACU's and standing heel to toe with people in front and back of us. 100% miserable. One thing we did today that my parents will particularly enjoy are my military photographs. I got to see my picture and I really like it. I also pre-ordered a DVD, a picture disk, group photo, and a yearbook for my family. Other than that, we got our government ID's, shots, and that is about it. My feet and legs are killing me from standing in place all day, but for the most part, my moral is up and I feel good. I have made some serious friends here in the past few days, and we are becoming pretty close. It feels a little like being back on the football team.

While I was writing this letter, we were called downstairs by the night-time drill sergeant to lecture us for about an hour about how easy we have it, and basically, he took an hour of sleep from us. From what it looks like, we will be shipping down range on Friday, July 3rd. Hopefully, tomorrow will be my last day in this hell-hole. I have heard reception is bad, but good lord, this is horrible. I just want basic traing to start so I can be done with it already. I don't mind working out, running, or even getting yelled at. I just hate standing and being bored ALL day. People here in general don't have the ability to listen, and we get in trouble for stupid shit.

Tomorrow is going to be another long day. I'm going to be given my dog tags, sweet-ass glasses, boots, and prepare to ship-off to basic training. As for now, I still do not have an address, but I will be given one very soon. I miss my bed. The one I sleep on now is god-awful, and I sleep on the covers so that I dont have to make my bed every morning. I am starting to get comfortable with being un-comfortable for the next two months. I already can't wait until family day. I miss my Dad alot right now. It's about time for bed now, lights were out 5 minutes ago. I am writing by flashlight.

I will write more tomorrow.

PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment