Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 20, 2009

Ha Ha, So my last letter I wrote, well I got caught writing it, and I got the platoon smoked for about 30 seconds. I was so scared but it wasn't bad. I got 8 letters tonight: One form dad which had great pictures of him and Raleigh, two from Daniel, one from Ana, one from Donnie, one from Mary, and one from my sister and grandma. I loved the letters tonight, they made me laugh a lot, especially about Daniel's bike getting dented....again. Also we got laughing so hard here because even still, I am getting letters about Billy Mays. The guys here are starting to think I'm obsessed with the guy...(I am).

I'm in a great mood tonight. I love that my best friend Daniel writes me constantly, and that everyone keeps writing. People make fun of me because on average, I get anywhere from 6-9 letters each night. Tonight we got some personal time so I'm getting to write a little. They really limit my time to write so I'm constantly finding ways to write.

So, whats new with me? Well today is Monday, and we have 4 days left of red phase potentially, if everyone passes their test. We have to have half of the platoon pass a written test or else we stay in red phase. Our PT test is on Thursday now, not today, so I'm waiting on that. Today we had a crazy 4 mile ruck march that killed me. I got two crazy blisters on my heels that kill me when I walk. I have mole skin on them now so that will help, hopefully. We marched to a land navigation course today. We teamed up on groups of 4 and they gave us a compass and a shitty map and had us find way points in the middle of no where. I had a blast because for once we were on our own and could be ourselves. I felt like Bear Gryills, only better looking and more able to pronounce words like vitamin's, correctly. We got horribly lost for a while, but my keen senses got us out of trouble. We got a bus ride back to base instead of marching back, and thank God for that.

Tomorrow at 2:30 am, we are getting bussed back our to another remote location to do a more difficult one in the dark, only with one flash light, a protractor, and a map. We are all real excited for it too. We saw a deer out in the woods today, and I felt pretty bad ass to be out in the woods wearing full camo, armed with a M4 rifle and being able to sneak up on a deer.

Lights are out right now, and I'm sitting on the toilet acting like I am taking a deuce, just so I can write this letter .LOL

On a more personal note, this is for some of the people who have written me: Daniel, I'm really excited for you, just know what it sucks real bad HaHa! Let me know how it goes. Ana, I'm jealous that you're in Cal: and I'm stuck in Georgia. I miss you and think about you all the time. Nik and Ashley thanks for writing me, it made me smile to. See that you took the time to do so. Mom, I miss you too, keep writing me and know that I love you very much. Donnie, thanks as well. I loved your letter so much, I laughed throughout the entire thing. Please shoot me another one when you can. Dad, I like your letters especially, and I'm glad that you share the letters I write with your football team. It's kind of cool. I also love that you are wearing my Zoo York hat, now. I think you look good with it on . It's yours now, wear it out. To everyone: I hope you understand that I can't write you all personally, just yet. My time is so limited as it is, but I do get your letters and I do read them. I don't want any of you to stop writing them for any reason. When we get to white phase we will get more personal time. So you all will be getting some personal letters from me as well, as a continuation of this blog.

Okay, well I have to get off the toilet now because the seat is really starting to hurt my ass. I also have fireguard duty in like 30 mins, and I need to shower too. ( I haven't had to chance in over two days..gross huh?) I have to wake up around 2 am as well, so I'm going to call it a night , and it's been a damn good one too, thanks to all of you. I love you all, I'll write again ASAP!

PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment