Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 18, 2009

These past few days have been awful. We have been getting smoked around the clock it seems. We have been getting in trouble for the smallest things. As a result for one of our mistakes, we have to take apart all 56 beds every morning and put them back together each night. We go to bed an hour later than we are supposed to , and we don't have time to shower some nights. Last night we had 10 mins for all 56 people to make their beds and showers. 56 people... We obviously failed and as a result we had to have 12 people awake on fire guard, instead of the usual two people. My shift last night was two and a half hours, and I was so tired from our march (which I did pretty well on).

I wanted to tell my family something that will make them smile. I developed some insane blisters on my heels during the march, and it was so damn hot. I felt like I was going to pass out and fall out of the March. I started to think of my grandmother, and I asked her some help to get me though the march. I felt a boost of energy and I felt good again. I looked up to say, thank you and I saw clouds that formed almost a perfect Smiley face. There were almost no clouds in the sky either. My grandma is looking out for me, I can feel it in my bones.

I've been getting every ones letters, and they are so much fun to read. Daniel's letters have been good ones to read particularly. Sammy, in your note you mentioned that you will send me anything I needed. There is one thing I want. I would like a 2 inch binder with lots of those clear sheets inside of it. I'd like to have tabs too. I want to start putting every one's letters inside of it so I can read them whenever I want, and they will be organized too. This is just for Sammy. I don't want everyone to send me like 12 binders. lol. (Thanks in advance Sammy) be careful not to send any food or questionable items either. My mom and dads letters have been great items to read, as well as my sisters. Craig sent me an awesome letter too, thanks Craig! My Aunt Mary sent me a sweet card, and Ana sent me a letter that made me jealous. She went to go see Rancid the other night. Please keep sending these letters people, they are great!!

We are hoping that red phase will be over this week. We have a test over all of the things we have learned so far, as well as our first PT test tomorrow morning. I feel good about it , and I hope I will do as well as I know I can do.

I told you all about our class A uniforms in my last letter, but they are really nice. I look like Elvis from the movie GI Blues, ha ha! I don't know how much more I can handle red phase. It's worsened lately and I'm hanging on, but barely. My dad sent me a quote in his last letter that I've been keeping in my head. "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on! I'm trying Dad, I'm trying. I'd feel a lot better if I just had some personal time. I just want to write these letters, but they never let us some nights, and it gets frustrating. Writing these letters is a way for me to clear my head, and it makes me feel like I'm normal for once. Oh well, hopefully I'll have more time soon.

I went to church today which was nice. I like getting away from here to clear my head every once in a while. I feel like it along with getting mail recharges my batteries and prepares me for, yet another week of BCT. I'm looking into getting baptised possibly here in the next tow weeks when they do it again. I miss my family and any sense of normalcy my life once had. When I get out of here I plan on sleeping a lot, eating unhealthy foods, getting drunk a few times. ( No more Dip. I promised my dad and I've gone for weeks almost,) and just relaxing some. I can't wait to see my dad in six weeks, my sister and niece will be coming as well. It will be nice, I think I get a full 36 hours leave. I'm gonna head out for now, not much else is going on. It's a Sunday, so we are laying low for now. Someone lost their boots, and we have two hours to find them before the shit hits the fan.LOL...FML!

PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment