Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 10, 2009

Today was boring as Hell. We had some easy PT this morning, then we went to chow, which was so good. I don't know how I get so hungry!



We spent a total of six hours sitting in the auditorium viewing power points and listening to lectures. I had to fight tooth and nail to stay awake. It really is almost impossible to stay awake in there. I have a new nickname that Sargent "P" is calling me! Frog. I freaked out yesterday on an obstacle when a tree frog jumped on me, and you all know how I am about frogs.



After our classes we got our stuff and walked to the PX. I bought an extra set of PT's, a new towel, tooth brush to clean my weapon, bottle of baby powder!! A new notebook and pens, insoles for my boots and a few other random things. We had a list of things we could or could not buy, and it sucked having to see all of the food, soda and candy that I couldn't have. I swear when I get out of here I'm going to pig out and eat so much shit until I throw up. I noticed today that I am getting some massive calf's. I've never had big calf's, but I'm getting stronger all around. It's kind of cool.



Right now I'm sitting in the grass outside of the PX waiting for the rest of the platoons to finish shopping. It's about 0530 and about the time we march back, chow should be ready! (I'm Starving) I'll write more at the end of the night.



Alright, this is a few hours later since the paragraph above. Right after I stopped writing we got smoked on the gravel parking lot for an hour for unknown reasons. Afterward we had to march back to the bay and every one's grocery bags were ripping and their stuff was falling out everywhere. I felt bad for them because the Drill Sergeants were yelling and screaming at them to pick it all up and keep marching. When we got back to the bay we got smoked again for 20 min's before dinner again for reasons unknown. Dinner was pretty good though, so it was all kind of worth it. We then had to go out to the PT track and sit down for a lecture about ruck marching, but we all thought we wee heading our to the PT field to be smoked. So it was a pleasant surprise. Even more surprising , we actually got personal time tonight and that's how I'm writing right now.



I'm going to take a shower and then relax a bit, I guess. Lights out at 2100 and I have fireguard duty from 2200 to 2300, which I don't mind too much. I will still get a good night sleep. I forgot to mention earlier that we had mandatory haircuts today which pissed me off. My hair was finally looking nice and almost to the point to where, I didn't look goofy anymore. That all went out the window today, they shaved it down to the scalp, yes again. I can't tell you how cool I look with shorts 4 inches above the knee, calf socks, tucked in T-Shirt, bald ass head and sweet thick brown glasses......

Tomorrow is the gas chamber. I'm looking forward to it too, because the C.S. gas will clear out my sinus and get all of this snot out of my system. I'm not 100% knowledgeable yet on all of the shit, they want me to memorize. So they better not ask me things I don't know in the gas chambers. I am under the impression we will be having a ruck march to the gas chamber, because we walk everywhere. I'm thinking it will be a 6 mile march each way. So it should make for one fun ass day! (not)

On a more personal note, this place can be a real drag. It is honestly so so difficult and not what I expected at all. I however am not a quitter, and I will finish what I started.

There are a bunch of guy's in my platoon who are going to sick call daily, to get profiles, others are going to claim everything from suicide, depression, anxiety, fake injuries, all while in hope of getting some type of discharge. The one kid in my platoon who was on suicide watch is leaving tomorrow. he got a discharge and will be going to 30 A.G for approximately 4 months, until his paperwork goes through. Another one of my buddies here is on his last leg and is about to go attempt to get discharged on Monday. I'm trying to talk him out of it. It all really sucks, I haven't heard from my family in over 8 days, and all I want to do is talk to my Dad. I can make this, but all I want right now is my dad's words of wisdom. It all helps me for some reason.

If anyone of my friends read this , or family, can you guys write me some? It gets kind of lonely here, and I miss all of you. Pictures world be nice too! Pics of my dog, my niece, family , friends, etc. Just give me something to look at when I am thinking about home.

I'm going to go shower now and get ready for fire guard. I'll write again tomorrow. It's July 10th and I haven't heard from anyone yet. Maybe the mail is just plain slow.

PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment