Monday, July 27, 2009

July 23, 2009

White phase is today and it is awesome. We get more freedom to do things on your own and it feels good! Let me start at the beginning:

My funeral, LOL. Well I went and at the last minute, a real bugle player pulled up in a maroon mini van and I was automatically replaced. Yes. I was fired from being a fake bugle player to where my only task was to pretend to play and press a button labled, "Play". SO iaHad to sit in the bus which was parked about a block away by myself for two hours while everyone else got to attend the funeral...FML. I just eneded up writing a letter to Daniel and taking a nap, and that was pretty relaxing becuase the bus was air conditioned.

The funeral was off base, so we got to see some of the civilian world for a change. we drove by a Taco Bell and my mouth watered just thinking about a Grande Soft Taco. After that we came back and took a written test that covered all of the shit we have learned so far, and it was pretty easy. We got officially transitioned into white phase which concluded with us being allowed to purchase a powerade and a power bar. Big deal, right? No, it was a big deal for us. We got to drink liquid that was actually not room temperature and eat something sweet. We laughed at how much we take the little things for granted, but it was nice. We are just bullshitting around now because our Drill Sergeants go home at night now. I did not get chosen for PlatoonGuide today however, but that is a good thing in my mind. they will be in for a world of shit when someone messes up. Once one gets fired I'm sure I'll be taking over soon.

I got four letters tonight: One from my lovely sister, one from my Aunt Debbie and two from Sammy which included some cool pictures which I appreciated. I'm sorry this letter is so short but I'm about to go take a shower and get to bed. I have my PT test tomorrow, a two mile ruck march, and we get to go to the firing range to zero in our weawpons. So we have a busy day, and I want to get some sleep. Thanks for all of the letters again. There isn't a day that goes by that I dont get a piece of mail. On average I get at least 5 and up to 11 on a good day, so thank you and keep them coming! Night everyone.

-PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment