Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 5 th, 2009

Wow. They are barely letting me write at all!! They gave me five minutes to write tonight! Also, they let us call home for the first time. I got to read a one paragraph note written by the Army, which stated that I was okay and that I would write home soon. The end of the letter said, "Bye". We had to read the letter word for word and any change we made, such as an " I love you", would be severely punished. If we had a parent on the phone we were instructed to read the paragraph, and then hang up. This even meant not letting the parent speak at all. It was real fucked up, and a lot of the guys started crying. Luckily for me, I got my dad's voicemail which I was praying for. I didn't think I could handle hanging up on him when all I want to do is hear his voice and words of encouragement. Besides that, this shit is honestly all mental and some physical. I've been smoked by my drill sergeant almost 30 or so times since I got here (my platoon, not just me). It's not that bad really, it just gets frustrating. Some of the shit is cool though. We are going to start doing the fun stuff this week. Yesterday I was issued an M-4 rifle which I named "One-Two". It is Bad Ass, I can't wait to fire it. We were issued our gas masks today as well; we have the gas chamber this Saturday! Sweet!! Also they told us we will be issued the rest of our gear tomorrow after our first PT test know as a "1-1-1". I'm not worried about it at all, I've prepared well for it. I will write Much more about stuff and go into greater detail about things when I have time, but they are honestly keeping us on a short leash for the moment. I have so many things on my mind that I'd love to get off my chest, and when I get the chance to, I will. Bed time now...

PFC_Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment