Friday, July 17, 2009

July 14, 2009

So, I keep reading your letters over and over again. I must have read them all five times today. About 30 mins ago, I got a letter in the mail from my niece Kelsey. Her picture is currently hanging on the inside of my locker, along with the "My little Pony" picture she colored for me. Just to remind everyone, I am getting mail now, so PLEASE send me something! I love getting stuff in the mail, it makes me so happy.

Today was boring and miserable. PT wasn't very hard, but more so annoying. I swear this place has the best breakfast food, I've ever tasted. I eat so much, it gets to the point where we've gotten smoked immediately after breakfast, push ups, running, mountain climbs, and we work so hard I throw up. But I can't help it! My four favorite times of the day are, morning chow, afternoon chow, evening chow, and sleep. My new one is definitely mail time! ( I want a picture of my father for my locker).

I don't have much time to write tonight, so please excuse if it is short and messy. We've begun doing grand fighting which is okay I suppose. We did that for a few hours in the heat , in our ACU"s. I'm so tired of being sweaty 24/7. LOL

The highlight of my day was when drill Sergeant "" caught a huge frog and MADE me stand at parade rest while he put the frog in my cargo pocket of my ACU's. He knows I'm terrified of them and he is trying to fix that problem... Asshole. I can't tell you how bad that was for me. I'd rather spend 20 minutes in the gas chamber than to have that damn frog in my pocket.

Despite that incident, I think he likes me. i think all of the drill sergeants like me because I never get yelled at. They joke around with me constantly and like that I never give up physically on anything they ask us to do.

Today we learned how to take care of people/soldiers when they get all "Fuckered" up as my drill sergeant say. I'm starting to realize no that the media really slants the public view on what is going on overseas. This shit is real. I'm getting trained on how to kill and hold no mercy. How to take care of my buddy when he gets his legs blown off. It's exciting and both scary to think about. I'll be going overseas and there is a great chance I'll see some messed up shit and a damn good chance I'll have to kill someone; women and children too, I hear. It's brutal.

Tomorrow's events are unknown right now, but I'm guessing more grand fighting and maybe how to administer IV's on each other. Red Phase is closing in fast and should be over soon, hopefully. Fire guard is telling us it's time for lights out so I've gotta run. I love ya all, and again-write me letters!

PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment