Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August 2nd, 2009

Today is Sunday, and I don’t really have too much to say. We went to sleep almost immediately after I finished my letter last night. I woke up today and ate a great breakfast then went to church. Now I’m sitting around waiting to go to the PX to get a haircut. I’m really tired and want to go to sleep but a few guys from 2nd platoon got busted sleeping and got smoked pretty badly, so I don’t want to risk it.

We got these prior service guys added to our platoon the other day because they were switching MOS’. They are all combat veterans who have been deployed, and they have been telling us all sorts of stories. They seem to think most of us will be set to Ft. Bliss which is in El Paso Texas because they will be deploying soon. The real Army sounds pretty cool. Our living quarters on base will be pretty cool too from what I hear. I’m really excited that I got paid yesterday and it was a bit less than it would normally be because they fronted us $300.00 upfront. I’m going to save most of the money I make, but there are a few things I’m going to buy when I get out of here because I think I deserve it. I want a new 52 inch LCD TV and maybe some rims for my truck. I’ll also be able to pay off my motorcycle real soon too which will be nice. If I get to go to Texas, I think I will like it. Hank Hill is from Texas, so it cant be that bad.

We have roughly 12 days left of white phase until we advance to Blue phase. It’s hard to believe we only have about nine weeks left until it is all over. It will be a glorious day for me too because I cant wait to get out of here. Oddly though, I’m really starting to get used to this new way of life. The days seem to fly by especially when you space out a lot like I do. Its sometimes the only thing I can do to feel normal, lol. I’ve heard some information that said we will not be able to go home with our parents after graduation. We have to stay here one more week to fill out paperwork to get it ready for our first duty stations. The Army will then pay for us to get home. I’ll have to fly home wearing my military uniform which will be pretty cool. I’m not sure how accurate all of this info is, but that’s the word on the street.

I’m counting down the days until I get to see my Dad, sister, and niece on my family day break which is about one month away. I’m looking forward to eating food that I’ve been missing, and the opportunity to use my computer which I hope my dad will bring with him. I haven’t checked MySpace for Facebook in ages it seems.

I gave our Platoon Guide a nickname the other day which the drill sergeants think is funny as hell. Usually we call him P.G. but I started calling him Pappa Golf (because of the Military Alphabet). Now that I write that, it seems less funny but whatever I guess, lol. Well that is about all of the news for now. If you all have any questions or want to know anything about how we do things, feel free to ask in your letters.

Just like you, I too like to have things to write about at times. Sometimes things here are quite boring. I weigh 186 now by the way. That is sixteen lbs I’ve gained since being here. That was random to bring up, I know, but oh well. I’ll talk to you all soon.
-PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment