Friday, August 28, 2009

August 24th, 2009

I don’t have a lot of time to write tonight but I wanted to write a little something. Some of you have been asking about what it is my MOS does. Well there are a few types of Infantry, two in particular are light Infantry and Mechanized Infantry. The light infantry walks wherever they go and packs all of their shit with them all of the time, they are pretty hard core because they have to deal with all of that suck. Mechanized infantry travel in Hummers and Bradleys and hitch rides on modes of transportation and fight primarily from their vehicles (50 cal. Machine gun). The best part is obvious—little walking and rucking. I got some good news today. My platoon was chosen to be the mechanized platoon which means all other three will be light Infantry. I am not Mechanized infantry—can you say sweeeeet?

I will head to a mechanized unit which could be anywhere really. I was hoping I would get this because honestly…between walking and driving, I’m sorry I’m going to have to go with driving. Call me lazy but I’m all about comfort here. If you have beef, I’ll let you borrow my boots and you can come here and ruck 8 miles and then we will talk lol. Infantry basically kick down doors, clear houses, kill enemies, fuck shit up…lol. No, but we are kind of like SWAT at times.

Anyways, today we woke up to a fun surprise. And that was a fantastic 5 mile run! How did it go? It sucked! I did it, but it sucked lol. We then went to the firing range and did some more shooting, then came back and cleaned our weapons for a few hours. We had some PT later on in the evening and now here I am!

It’s about bedtime now. I’m exhausted and my feet are killing me from the run. So I’m gonna head out. I’m sorry if this letter is too short or too random but I’m kinda spacey tonight anyways. I love you guys, I’ll write more tomorrow when I get more time. Also, thanks Dad for sending the pictures of me and the Mexican whores from Tijuana! The guys got a kick out of them.
-PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment