Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 2nd, 2009

My days lately have seemed to be all blurred into one giant day to where I can no longer tell when I did exactly what. It feels like I haven’t written in a long time, but it cant have been more than a few days, right? In any case, I am sorry for those of you who count on this blog as a means of communication with me.

Like I said, these past few days have been really busy for us. I believe in my last letter I mentioned that I had a PT test coming up. Well that was either yesterday or the day before, I kind of forgot, lol, but I did very well (again). My dad always taught me to consistently strive to better myself in every aspect. So of course when I get letters from home or the rare opportunity to talk with him on the phone, he always tells me to push myself to get, “ one better” on my PT tests. This means at least one more pushup that last time, or one more sit up, and the same time for my run time. Even if it isn’t a dramatic difference, it is still better, right? That being said, I am constantly keeping that in my head while I do my PT tests. I did 55 pushups as compared to lat times 53, I got 63 sit ups compared to last times 62, and I finally ran my two mile in 13:42 as compared to the previous 14:00. My combined score was 246 out of 300, well above passing and definitely enough to allow me to participate in our family day here. All in all I am pleased with my results, especially my run time since I really wanted to get under 14 minutes.

After our PT test, we had to go out to a firing range and take two very brief classes on the M249 SAW machine gun and the 240 Bravo Machine gun. We were then thrown on the range and expected to perform flawlessly lol. Long story short, I got my ass chewed out because I forgot to ride the bolt forward on the saw, lol, it sucked and felt like I was back in high school football. However,the second time I got to fire I didn’t mess it up, so I suppose I learn by blunt trauma lol. Both of those weapons are so….so bad ass. I’d love to be a saw gunner. We also go tto do a night fire with tracer rounds, and the best way to describe them are like…the guns from star wars and the red lazers they shoot out. I of course being the dork I am was like, “Oh! Sweet! Star Wars!!” My drill sergeant goes, “Every cycle…there’s always one every cycle” Lol.. I can’t help it, I like star Wars. I remember my dad asking me if the weapons we fire have a lot of kick, and honestly I have to say no. The 50 cal. Does but it is on a huge tripod, but almost anybody could fire these weapons with the proper training. We left the range around 11pm and went to bed by midnight, and we got to wake up at 5:00am. Awesome…

I cant wait to leave here. Lol. We have 36 days total left, and 10 days until I see my Dad and sister, and you all know I am excited as hell about that. I intentionally don’t wear a watch because it makes my days speed by faster. When we get smoked my mind focuses on the fact that they are only making me stronger, and the stronger I am, the faster I will be able to leave. My mind is constantly wandering except for when I’m being taught something valuable which isn’t a lot.

It seems all we do is get messed with by certain drill sergeants, so if you don’t let it show that it gets to you, they will leave you alone individually. You would think that going into week 10 (starts Friday), we would be done with the “fuck fuck” games and move onto mature subjects and actual teaching. Lol, not at all and there are just some days when you wake up and don’t feel like getting messed with and that seems to be the day you get it the worst. The moral of my rambling is this: 36 days. What is 36 days? I’ve put up with the “shenanigans” (great word) for this long, I can certainly keep truckin’ and walk out of here come graduation day. The only real physically challenging thing I have left to do is a 10 mil ruck march on Friday, my week long FTX, which is concluded by a 12 mile ruck to Honor Hill (where I will receive my cross rifles), and a five mile “eagle run” towards the last few days. I’m physically ready to accomplish these things, and the training will pay off in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment