Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 19th, 2009

I’m tired. Yesterday wasn’t fun either. It was probably the hardest day I’ve had here physically too. We had to go to the firing range for a company competition, and what they did was had each platoon ruck march 3 miles (mile ½ each way) and upon their return we would have to run and get ammunition and get down and start shooting. We were all timed as well, and the platoon with the fastest ruck march time and shooting record won. Well not all of the platoons have an equal amount of soldiers, so one of the Special Forces Drill Sergeants decided to make it equal, so he went through each platoon and hand selected what appeared to be the best of the best, and made a 5th platoon. When he chose me to be a part of his group, my heart sank because I want no part of anything that involves him. We had all of the Special Forces guys in our group too…sweet. They are cool dudes, but I know if they are together they are going to work their asses off.

So when our turn came up to set off on our little 3 mile ruck, I found out some glorious news! Instead of walking like usual, we were going to run it! We were in full gear! So we did the airbourne shuffle the entire way, only stopping to walk to turn around and yell at everyone to catch up. I finally came across something physical that I almost thought I couldn’t do. I thought I was going to fall out at any time, but somehow I managed to keep going and I made it. FML. That sucked. Lol.

Today, we went to the Infantry Museum again, and we got to watch some documentary on the Lewis and Clark expedition on the I-MAX which was pretty cool. Afterwards we were told to form up outside where the Drill Sergeants marched us around the corner and out of sight and began to smoke us because some of the guys left trash in the movie theater. After about ten minutes a man approached us and our drill sergeants and began to chew out or drills. That man happened to be the Post Command Sergeant Major, and he was not happy with how we were being treated. From what I hear, it is wrong to smoke us in public and inappropriate to do it at a memorial such as the one we were at. We were told to drink water and sit in the shade while our Drill Sergeants got yelled at while standing at parade rest. It was entertaining to see something like that, but now we are worried about if we will get smoked even harder now? Oh well.

Tomorrow is the FTX prep and then we are off to the big show. I’m nervous and anxious, but more importantly I cant wait for this to be over with. 18 days and a wake-up until I get to see my family and get my blue chord. Thank God! I’ll write again tomorrow if there is anything else to actually write about. If not, then this will be my last letter until I return on September 27th, after FTX. I’ll have my cross rifles in hand as well, so wish me luck!! I love you guys.
-PFC Zaleuke

1 comment: