Friday, September 18, 2009

September 15,2009

Since my return to AIT training, life here has been Hellish. Much like I suspected it would be. The Drill Sergeants have been smoking the piss out of us, and trashing our bay. Today they claimed they found a can of dip, and tried to get someone to confess. In reality it was just a can of Drill Sergeants dip, which I knew and suspected all along. I'm not stupid, and i learn how people operate fairly easily. So I knew it was all a bull-shit game from the start. When things like this happen the best thing you can do is to keep your head down, don't speak, do what they say and don't give them any reason to believe you are getting an attitude with them. Oh well, 24 days left right?

So these last few days, besides getting the shit smoked out of us, we have been doing convoys, and react to tire with Hummers. I got the chance to be the 240 gunner in the turret above the driver which is bad-ass. We had to react to getting hit by an IED in a convoy, and how to react to that situation. Tomorrow we will be getting briefed most of the day for people like me going over seas.. I'll be glad to get more info on my situation and get a chance to ask some questions. We only have five more days until our FTX. I'm getting more and more anxious as each day advances. I just want to get it over with and leave this place, which can only really be best described as "Satan's Asshole".

I'll be in the field for six to seven days. So be mindful that I will only receive your mail after I return, and I will also not be able to write anymore during that week. You should be hearing from me upon my return, cross rifles in hand, and I'll most likely be excited as Hell. I'm going to cut this letter short tonight because I am exhausted and I need to get some sleep. I love you all, keep me in your thoughts please!

-PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment