Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September 17th, 2009

Today I accomplished a great deal of physical work. I believe I mentioned in my last letter that I had a PT test coming up this week, well that was today. We were told that if we passed this PT test, we would be completely finished and not have to take the last one. Since this was our first AIT PT test, this meant we had to pass it at a 60% or better. I’ve passed all of my Pt tests at 60% from the start, so I was good to go. I took it easy on this test. I got 50 push ups, 61 sit ups, and 14:13 two mile. Wasn’t perfect, but then again I wasn’t trying to dominate, just pass and get this all over with. So I don’t have anymore PT tests here! Sweet.

We also had our Phase 3 test immediately after, which was really hard but fun at the same time. We had to run a timed mile in full battle rattle as a platoon (sucked but I came in 2nd out of my platoon), had to take our weapons apart and put them back together again, climb the 30 ft ropes, carry 25 lb jugs of water, a 500 lb log and a tractor tire around the PT track and finally take apart the 240 and the saw. We were timed as a platoon during the events and we had all of our times added together. We ended up coming in second and missed first place by only seconds. Afterwards we had Class A uniform inspection to get them ready for graduation. I’m starting to get really excited too.

I got some really cool and exciting news tonight. I got a quick glimpse of my orders and I had to sign off on a few things. I got awarded 18 days of leave which will begin after I graduate. I am so damn excited about that too! I couldn’t ask for anything more, and now I’ll get the chance to spend some much needed time with m y friends and family. I will be departing for Germany on October 24th, 2009 and will be heading to Vilsek. This will most likely be just a processing station which I will spend a day or two in before they ship me out to my actual unit. My orders also show that I am in a “battle buddy” program where they will be putting me and another guy together in the same unit and same company for the next six months. Thankfully I am paired up with my buddy Nick Wisdom, so it appears he and I will be heading to Germany together.

Tomorrow is another busy day. We have a few more competitions, one of them includes a 2 mile ruck march as a platoon walking/running as fast as we can with Ammo cans. So it will be fun, I suppose. Tonight we get our cell phones again, as well as pizza, powerade, and candy. Life is good right now (For now, LOL).
-PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment