Saturday, October 10, 2009

October 3rd

Today I have a headache, and I'm stressed out. I am completely finished with everything here, and they are still messing around and fucking with us because they too seem to be bored. I have four days and a wake- up until I get to see my family and five days until I actually graduate. All I want to do is leave this place and go home, but the days seem to drag on as if they will never end. Lately I feel like a zombie, probably because I am purposely removing myself from everything mentally to where it is almost like I am not even here at all. At least when we were training, the days would go by faster because we were busy, but now they last forever. Four more days...four more days.
Yesterday morning we had our five mile "Eagle Run" which was surprisingly easy. I just ran, and I was so out of it and zoned out that I was finished before I even realized I was spacing out. I'm not depressed, rather just fed up with all of the bullshit and ready to get the Hell out of here. I finished my book already, so I've got nothing to help pass the time anymore. To make things even more annoying is that we are now allowed to have our Ipods and MP3 players. The problem with that is our Drill Sergeant told us to give our personal shit to our families when we saw them a few weeks ago, which I did. Among my personal belongings was my Ipod...Awesome. 
I've been hearing a lot of things about how most units in Germany will be deploying in November, so there is a good chance I'll be heading to Afghanistan around then, or depending on when they would send me to meet up with my unit. Things in Afghanistan are heading up from what I hear, so I could be in for some interesting times in the near future. 
My friends from college are driving down to see me graduate on Friday, and I have some fun shit planned out. The second they allow me to leave I am getting the Hell out of there and begin drinking immediately. It's always a good day when you can start drinking before noon. On top of all of that, I am probably more excited to just drive away from Ft. Benning and head down to Florida where I can relax on my beach with my puppy and ride my motorcycle. Key word in that sentence is Relax. Damn right "Mah Focker."

-PFC Zaleuke

No comments:

Post a Comment